Abraham Lincoln State Park
Virtual Tours: Click
the RED dots on the Map above or use the
Text Links on the right
to Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park...
Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park, nestled on the banks of the beautiful Missouri River, is
located 7 miles south of Mandan, North Dakota on Highway 1806. This park
is heavily steeped in historical importance: On-a-Slant Indian Village, Ft. Lincoln Infantry
Post, 7th Cavalry Post, and the last house that General George Custer
resided in before his sudden demise at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
• 1006 Acres
• The George Custer House
• On-a-Slant Indian Village
• Fort Lincoln Infantry Post and Blockhouses
• 7th Cavalry Barracks
• Historical Museum
• 95 Camp Sites
• Electrical Hookups
• Dump Station
• Sleeping Cabins
• Visitor Center
• Hiking Trails
• Interpretive Tours
• Living History Tours
• Horseback Tours
• Picnic Shelters
• Take a tour of the Custer House, General George Custer's last place of residence before the Little Big Horn. Tours are guided by authentic soldiers, in full uniform, and Custer's maids in a
"living history" style. It's truly like traveling back in time to the year 1875.
• Guided history tours of On-a-Slant Indian Village and the Earth Lodges, contained within its boundaries. Experience how the Mandan Indians lived way back in 1575.
• Guided horseback tours of the old Fort Lincoln...see the sights the soldiers saw back in 1876.
Driving Directions from I-94...
• East-bound: take Exit 152 (Sunset Drive exit); south (left) on Sunset Drive to Main Street; east (left) on Main Street to 6th Avenue; then south (right)on 6th Avenue 7 miles to Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park.
• West-bound: take Exit 155 (Main Street exit); west on Main Street to 6th Avenue; then south (left) on 6th Avenue 7 miles to Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park.
Visit these websites for more Information:
Fort Abraham Lincoln Foundation
Lincoln State Park